The Training Department at the KAIPTC has three sections:
- The Individual Training Section which is responsible for all training related activities at the KAIPTC;
- The Collective Training Section, which oversees the pre-deployment training activities of the Ghana Armed Forces; and
- The Training Evaluation and Development (TED) section, which monitors and evaluates training programmes. This section also develops training programmes/courses and conducts lessons learned design & development (LDD) processes. TED also develops and manages the database of the centre’s facilitators and participants.
The Training Department works closely with the Research Department to ensure that original and innovative thinking underlines the Centre’s content for training programmes.
Major activities of the training department include
- Programme Identification, Design and Curriculum Development
- Individual, Collective Civilian (Civil Society), Police and Military Peace Support Operation/ Training Programmes
- Police Training
- Simulation Training and
- Experience Sharing between Regional Armies
below is a detailed description of all the KAIPTC courses run at the Centre: