Director of Administration
The Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC)
The KAIPTC seeks a successful candidate to co-ordinate the work of its Administration Department and to ensure the provision of overall administrative support to KAIPTC. He/She will have oversight responsibilities for its operational and strategic systems including Human Resources, ICT, Facilities, Logistics, Hospitality and Events. As a member of the Executive Management Team, the Director of Administration will be involved in the strategic planning, budgeting, decision-making and other internal initiatives of the Centre.
1. Provide leadership and direction to administrative and operational teams to ensure efficient and effective use of all resources of the Centre.
2. Liaise with other Directors of other Departments to ensure the objectives of the Administration Department are fully achieved, in concord with the Centre’s overall strategic objectives.
3. Review organizational processes to enhance operational efficiencies; Keep all administrative support services under review to ensure that service provisions meet business needs.
4. Supervise the development and management of HR procedures, processes and systems that aligns to the Strategic and Business plans and guarantees a diverse, high skilled, productivity and efficient workforce.
5. Supervise the management of facilities at the Centre.
6. Ensure that Procurement services operates efficiently in accordance with best practice.
7. Lead in the provision of effective strategic, operational and administrative planning and information.
8. Ensure the Centre’s Hospitality and Events outfit is sensitive to customer needs.
9. Perform any other tasks assigned by the Commandant or his Deputy within the scope and intent of the job.
Educational requirements and Work Experience
• This position requires maturity and experience and the ideal candidate should possess a Master’s Degree as a minimum. An MBA/EMBA will be an added advantage. A professional qualification in a related field is desirable.
• At least 20 years relevant post qualification work experience of which the last 5-7 years must have been in a similar role or an equivalent senior Management level position. Significant experience with an international organization or agency is desirable.
The ideal candidates must show:
• An ability to provide leadership and ensure delivery according to set timelines.
• An understanding of how KAIPTC operates.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Business planning and business performance monitoring skills.
• Astute managerial/ supervisory skills.
• Strong organizational networking and administrative skills.
• Ability to work in an IT environment and to effectively use it as a tool.
• Integrity and trustworthiness.
• Team work.
• Spoken and written French will be an advantage.
The KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants are kindly requested to apply for the position with their CVs together with 3 references no later than 2nd September 2016 to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job title clearly on the cover letter; otherwise applications may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experiences. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.